- The upgraded transmission line has been energized and distribution work is complete.
- Crews are in the process of demobilizing and clearing out of the construction area.
- Thank you for your patience during construction!
- The last of the new transmission wire on Bainbridge Island was strung on August 1.
- All of the transmission work on Bainbridge Island will be complete by August 5 when crews set two more transmission poles and a distribution pole.
- The final step of the project is to complete distribution work on Division St in Suquamish. The anticipated completion time is mid-August.
- In this picture, linemen work to install a transmission pole.
- Trucks will begin delivering construction materials to Bainbridge Island to prepare for transmission line work on July 11. This is expected to take approximately two to three days.
- All work on the Kitsap peninsula is expected to be finished by July 11.
- Crews have set all but 6 of the transmission poles on Gunderson Road and are now pulling in the distribution rope.
- Next week all transmission poles on Gunderson Road will be set and crews will begin stringing the lines.
- The work on Gunderson Road continues smoothly.
- The crews will cross over onto Bainbridge Island beginning July 11th and work mostly across country down to the Port Madison substation.
- On Thursday, June 16th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. PSE will be hosting an open house at Seabold Hall to discuss upcoming construction on Bainbridge Island.
- This week crews finished pulling in new transmission wire between the intersection of Division St. and Suquamish Way NE, and the intersection of Suquamish Way NE and Wee Wun Way. Crews used the old transmission wire to pull in the new, larger wire. This picture shows a crew member working on the pole at Division St.
- Next week, crews plan to start setting transmission poles on Gunderson Road.
- On Monday, crews strung new transmission wire on NE Wee Wun Way, using the existing wire to pull in the new larger wire (see photo).
- On Tuesday, crews began working on stringing new transmission wire from the Miller Bay Substation to the Island View Marine Center.
- Crews finished out the week by clipping in the new wire and preparing to install new distribution wire on Friday.
- Construction on the Kitsap mainland side of the Foss Corner-Port Madison 115 kV project began on April 18. Work on this phase will begin at Miller Bay substation and end at the Agate Pass crossing in June. Please see the project map for location details.
- Residents near construction on the Kitsap mainland are encouraged to attend our drop-in session on May 12 at the Suquamish Tribal Council Chambers. Drop in anytime from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. to meet our project manager and construction manager, learn more, and ask questions.
- Bainbridge Island residents will have a similar opportunity to meet the project team and learn more about the project later this summer before Phase 2 work begins.
- Phase 2 will include work from Foss Corner substation to Miller Bay substation and from Agate Pass to Port Madison substation on Bainbridge Island. This is expected to begin in July and be completed by October 2016.