With families recently ‘falling back’ for the end of daylight saving time and spending more time indoors, Puget Sound Energy recommends assessing the energy efficiency of your home.
PSE provides resources for small changes and upgrades to make your home more comfortabel.
Winter is a good time to:
- Check your home for air leaks
- Seal gaps in doors, closets, floors and ceilings
- Tune-up your heating system to work more efficiently
- Change furnace filters and clean air vent covers
Larger home upgrades with big-bill-savings, could include:
- Upgrade to a high-efficiency heating systems
- Weatherizing your home with attic, floor and wall insulation
- Replace inefficient single pane windows
- Install a smart thermostat and regulate your home right from your smart phone
PSE offers several programs to help you get your home ready for winter weather. Income-qualified customers can outfit their homes with energy efficient upgrades for free or with increased rebates through PSE’s Weatherization Assistance and Efficiency Boost programs.
Visit pse.com/rebates to learn how you can keep your home comfy and cozy while using less energy and saving more on your monthly bill.
PSE is committed to working together to create a clean energy future for all while setting an aspirational goal to be a Beyond Net Zero Carbon company by 2045. PSE will target reducing its own carbon emissions to net zero and go beyond by helping other sectors to enable carbon reduction across the state of Washington.