To maintain safe and reliable power, PSE will replace several power lines that cross over State Route (SR) 305 in two areas: at the intersection with NE Hidden Cove Road and north of the intersection with NE Day Road. To minimize impacts to our customers and the traveling public, crews will work at night from December 20 at 9 p.m. to December 21 at 5 a.m. To complete this work safely, we will turn off power to some customers served by these lines. We are providing more information about this planned power outage to the affected customers.
During this work, SR-305 will be closed from NE Hidden Cove Rd. to NE Day Rd. on Dec. 20 at 9 p.m. to Dec. 21 at 5 a.m. In addition, NE Hidden Cove Rd. will be closed at the intersection with SR-305. We will provide local access, as needed. Please follow the northbound and southbound detour routes; the detour routes are identified in the list below and on the map above. Flaggers and police officers will direct traffic. We apologize for these inconveniences.
If weather is not suitable for doing this work on December 20, we may reschedule this work for early 2024. We will inform you if the schedule changes.
- Who, what, and where: Crews from Potelco, PSE’s contractor, will remove existing power lines and install new lines that cross over SR-305 at the NE Hidden Cove Rd. intersection and north of the intersection with NE Day Rd.
- When: SR-305 will be closed from NE Hidden Cove Rd. to NE Day Rd. on Dec. 20 from 9 p.m. to Dec. 21 at 5 a.m. Please plan ahead and expect some traffic delays. Follow the detour routes:
- To and from downtown on SR-305: NE Koura Rd. to Miller Rd. NE to NE Day Rd. to NE Manzanita Rd. to Hidden Cove Rd. to Komedal Rd. NE to NE Seabold Church Rd.
- To and from NE Hidden Cove Rd. east of SR-305: Hidden Cove Rd. to NE Phelps Rd.
- We will provide local access on SR-305 from NE Manual Rd., Pita Ln. NE, and Phelps Rd.
- We will restore power and reopen the streets sooner than 5 a.m. if the work is completed early and if it is safe to do so.
We are proud to serve your community and aim to complete this work with minimal disruption. To learn more about our electric reliability and capacity projects on Bainbridge Island, please visit pse.com/bainbridge. Thank you for your patience during this work.