On March 3, PSE was honored with the Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce large business of the year award.
The event, hosted at the Wing Point Golf & Country Club, was an evening of good food, conversation and many awards. All award winners are listed below.
According to Rex Oliver, Chamber president and CEO, “PSE has shown dedication to safe, sustainable energy and the positive effect it is sure to have on our local communities. They also are a primary partner in the Island’s disaster preparedness efforts and pioneered the HORSE recycling program at the Harbour Public House and now at Pleasant Beach Village."
A special moment in the evening came with the awarding of the posthumous award “In Memoriam”. It was created for the late Frank Buxton, long-time Grand Old 4th parade announcer and co-founder of the Buxton-Ellis Most Humorous Parade Entry prize.
Congratulations to all of those nominated!
Membership awards for 2017
- Small Business of the Year – Fairy Tale Dental
- Medium Business of the Year – Bainbridge Gardens
- Large Business of the Year – Puget Sound energy
- Sustainable Business of the Year – A Kitchen That Works
- Non-Profit of the Year – Bainbridge Community Foundation
- Citizen of the Year (and 2018 Grand Old 4th Parade Marshal) – Clarence Moriwaki