Winter storm season is quickly approaching, so Puget Sound Energy is encouraging customers to take steps to prepare their homes and emergency kits now – before disaster strikes.
PSE recommends these five tips to get prepared to weather the storm TOGETHER:
- Make an emergency preparedness plan and pack an emergency kit using PSE’s emergency checklist. Consider adding face coverings and hand sanitizer to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in a disaster.
- If you already have a plan in place, re-evaluate your household’s evacuation and sheltering plans, ensuring the practice of social distancing.
- Ensure you have at least a week’s worth of food and water, and a proper first aid kit for any unforeseen injuries or mishaps.
- If you are without power, never use a natural gas range for heating, or charcoal grill as an indoor heating or cooking source.
- Always use flashlights instead of candles. If you’re using portable heaters, keep them away from furniture, draperies and other flammable materials.
PSE is committed to delivering safe, reliable energy to customers across the region. During an outage, estimated restoration times will be updated on the outage map at pse.com/outagemap and on the myPSE app. Regular updates and restoration times are posted as they are available. For additional steps you can take to be prepared, visit pse.com/storm.