PSE customers will see higher energy bills in late 2022 and into 2023. This is due to a combination of factors including state policy objectives for clean energy, and our continued investments in system reliability and grid modernization through projects like the Bainbridge Island solutions package.
Higher bills are never welcome, even less so at a time when so many are feeling the impacts of record inflation. PSE has a number of programs to help customers save money and reduce their bills and is working to make these programs more impactful, more accessible, and easier to sign up for than ever before. Energy efficiency is one of the most effective ways customers can cut their bills, even during the darkest and coldest days of the year. Here are a few pointers to get started:
- It’s never too late to insulate. Effective insulation and air sealing can lower your heating bill as much as 8% year-round. Now through the end of the year, PSE has increased rebates on weatherization upgrades!
- Let the sunshine in. Take advantage of natural light on rare sunny winter days, so you can turn off a few lights. Bonus: Sunshine can help naturally heat your home! If your heating system needs an upgrade, check out our rebates on efficient heating systems.
- Turn down the thermostat to turn up the savings. You can save 10% on heating by turning the thermostat down 7 to 10 degrees while you’re asleep or away. Buy a discounted smart thermostat on the PSE Marketplace today.
- Save buckets when you use less hot water. Heating water accounts for about 12% of your monthly bill. Try washing your clothes and dishes with cold water whenever possible, and check out our rebates on efficient water-heating equipment and clothes washers.
- Bonus tip: If you have a furnace, it’s likely responsible for half your energy bill. Change the filters regularly to prevent your furnace from overworking and save up to 7% on your bill.
To learn more about these programs and start saving energy and money, visit pse.com/lower.