Bainbridge Youth Services (BYS) supports, educates, and provides resources to Bainbridge Island youth. In 2020 the organization pivoted to mostly virtual services. Thanks to community support, BYS delivered the following services:
- Free counseling & skill-building programs for 414 people
- Peer tutoring for 161 students of all ages
- Connected 143 teens to short-term work
- Recognized 16 youth with the Compassionate Action Celebration
- Engaged 342 parents in parent education programs
2021 has continued to be particularly tough for many youth. BYS has responded with new support groups around the anxiety of COVID and the resulting isolation and disruption to routines, as well as a support group for Sexual Assault Survivors in addition to their ongoing, free services. We are so proud to continue our support and partnership for BYS’ essential work. Visit askbys.org to learn more.