- This project is complete.
- Construction began in July 2017.
The Blakely Ave NE underground distribution project installed approximately two miles of new underground distribution feeder cable along Blakely Ave NE between Bucklin Hill Road and NE Oddfellows Road. The new underground lines connect multiple circuits together. A circuit provides power to a specific group of customers from the same power source. Connecting the circuits allows PSE to better isolate problem areas during an outage and provide more options to reroute power to customers as quickly as possible.
In areas prone to wind- and tree-related outages such as Bainbridge Island, undergrounded lines experience fewer outages than overhead lines because falling trees and limbs cannot knock them down. Adding the new lines as underground lines helps us continue to provide safe, dependable and efficient service by reducing the risk of power outages.
- Installed two miles of underground distribution feeder cable
- Connects circuits and reduces likelihood of tree-related outages
- Construction: July – October 2017