- Construction began in July.
- Final patching work between NE Mabrey Lane and NE Oddfellows Rd will take place on September 8 and 11.
- Final paving is scheduled for October 2 through 13.
- In both cases, one lane will be blocked where crews are working and flaggers will direct vehicles and pedestrians safely through the area.
- Work hours are typically Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
As part of Puget Sound Energy’s work to improve the reliability of the energy we supply to Bainbridge Island, we are conducting a series of distribution reliability projects across the Island in 2017 and 2018.
The Blakely Ave NE underground distribution project is installing approximately two miles of new underground distribution feeder cable along Blakely Ave NE between Bucklin Hill Road and NE Oddfellows Road. The new underground lines will connect multiple circuits together. A circuit provides power to a specific group of customers from the same power source. Connecting the circuits will allow PSE to better isolate problem areas during an outage and provide more options to reroute power to customers as quickly as possible.
In areas prone to wind- and tree-related outages such as Bainbridge Island, undergrounded lines experience fewer outages than overhead lines because falling trees and limbs cannot knock them down. Adding the new lines as underground lines will help us continue to provide safe, dependable and efficient service by reducing the risk of power outages.