While there are unique challenges, our goal is to improve reliability. PSE invests every year to improve electric reliability on Bainbridge Island. We’ve invested over $29 million since 2010 in upgrades and improvements to the system, including:
- Rebuilt the Port Madison transmission line.
- Rebuilt Agate Pass towers.
- Undergrounded distribution lines where technically feasible. Refer to the FAQ in the next section for information about how we determine which lines to put underground, and how that's paid for.
- Replaced miles of distribution with tree wire (specically coated wire that's less susceptible to falling branches).
- Trimmed trees near overhead power lines.